The student news site of King/Drew Magnet High School

The Golden Gazette

World Series 2014: Game 6

© www.CBCnewyork.com

© www.CBCnewyork.com

The Royals are one step away from victory!

Elizabeth Zapata, Staff Writer

Game 6 of the World Series began on Tuesday, October 28, 2014 in Ewing M. Kauffman Stadium in Kansas City, Missouri.

Game 6 was one of the most important games in the entire Series. This game determined whether or not there would be a seventh game. The Series score was 3-2 with the Giants leading by one point. If they won Game 6, they would have automatically won the World Series and a seventh game would not have been necessary.

In the first inning, the Royals’ pitcher was on a role in ending the Giants’ batting. Blanco strikes out, Panik flies out to center field, and Posey grounds out, getting all three outs. Since the Royals knew this was their last shot to win, they started strong, trying to stay in as long as possible. Escobar flies out, Aoki strikes out swinging, and Cain walks. Hosmer singles, getting Cain to third. But there was a force out as Butler grounds, getting the third out.

The second inning brought the Giants down quickly. Sandoval flies out, Hence doubles a ground ball, Belt strikes out swinging, and Morse flies out, ending the top half. As Peavy pitches, Gordon and Perez single. Moustakas doubles a ground ball to right field as Gordon scores. Infante strikes out swinging, but Escobar and Aoki bat singles, getting Perez to score. At this point, there is a change in pitcher and Petit replaces Peavy. Cain singles a soft fly ball to center field, getting Moustakas and Escobar to score. Hosmer is now up to bat. Petit does a Wild Pitch, getting Cain to second. Then, as Hosmer doubles a ground ball to center field, Aoki and Cain score. As Hosmer is still on base, Butler doubles a fly ball, getting Hosmer to score. Once Gordon grounds out and Perez pops out, the inning ends with the Royals in the lead. The Royals murder the Giants in this inning with a score of 0-7.

In the third inning, Ventura pitches for the Royals and strikes out Ishikawa. He then gets Crawford, Blanco and Panik to walk, which gets all bases full. Even though Posey grounds into a double play, Hosmer gets out in the first base and Panik gets out at second, making this the third out for the Royals. As the team gets ready to bat, there is another switch of pitchers. Jean Machi replaces Petit. In the first bat, Moustakas grounds out, Infante hits a ground rule double on a line drive, Escobar grounds out, and Aoki gets two walks. Cain hits a ground rule double on a fly ball to center field. Infante scores, setting the score to 0-8.

The Royals are still in the lead during the fourth inning because nothing much changes. Sandoval and Pence ground out and Belt singles, but Morse grounds out, getting the third out. As for the Royals, Butler flies out to right field, Gordon is called out on strikes, Perez singles a ground ball, and Moustakas flies a ball to center field, getting the third out at the end of the inning.

In the fifth inning, Ventura strikes out Ishikawa from the Giants and grounds out Crawford and Blanco. As Machi pitches for the Giants, Infante singles a ground ball and Escobar doubles a sharp line drive to left field, getting Infante to score. After Aoki and Cain ground out, Hosmer strikes out and the inning ends with a score of 0-9.

In the sixth inning, Panik flies out, Posey grounds out, Sandoval walks, and Pence grounds out sharply, causing the third out. Once again, the Giants replace their pitcher. Jean Machi replaces Hunter Strickland. Butler walks, Gordon grounds into a double play, and Perez grounds out, getting the third out.

In the seventh inning, Belt flies out, Morse grounds out, Ishikawa walks and Crawford singles on a sharp line drive to center field. Then, Blanco pops out, getting the third out. As Strickland is still pitching, Moustakas hits a homerun on a fly ball to center field. The  score is 0-10.

In the eighth inning, the Royals change their pitcher from Ventura to Frasor. Panik singles a ground ball, Susac flies out to center field, and Sandoval singles a line drive. Then, Pence pops out and Belt strikes out. In this inning, pitcher Vogelsong  replaces Strickland. Cain walks and Homer calls on strikes. Then, as Butler grounds into a double play, he gets out, ending this inning.

During the last inning, the Royals change their pitcher once more from Frasor to Collins. Morse pops out, and Perez singles. Duffy and Blanco strike out swinging, ending the game with a victory for the Royals. At the end of this game, the Series score is tied 3-3, forcing the Giants to play a 7th game.

• World Series 2014: Game 6

Opinions

Will Disney Finally Include Gay Characters In Their Children’s Movies?

• World Series 2014: Game 6

News

George Zimmerman Auctioning Off Gun Used to Kill Trayvon Martin

• World Series 2014: Game 6

News

#FreeKesha

• World Series 2014: Game 6

News

Prison break in Orange County

• World Series 2014: Game 6

Entertainment

“Blackout” at the Oscars #oscarssowhite

• World Series 2014: Game 6

News

Water Contamination in Flint Michigan

• World Series 2014: Game 6

Entertainment

The Co-founder of Facebook Gives to the World

• World Series 2014: Game 6

News

LAUSD Schools Close Down

• World Series 2014: Game 6

News

Farewell to The Mamba

• World Series 2014: Game 6

Opinions

#LoseTheLabel

World Series 2014: Game 6