The student news site of King/Drew Magnet High School

The Golden Gazette

World Series 2014: Game 7

© www.utsandiego.com

© www.utsandiego.com

The winners of the World Series 2014 are the San Francisco Giants!

Elizabeth Zapata, Staff Writer

Game 7 of the World Series (the game that everyone had been waiting for) was on Wednesday, October 29, 2014 in Ewing M. Kauffman Stadium in Kansas City, Missouri. This was the game that would determine the World Series Champions of 2014!

I took the liberty of asking King/Drew student George Flores who he believes will win. George, a true baseball fan, says that he hopes the Royals win. “…if the Giants win this year, that would make them winners three times out of six years, which I think is just not something new, so I want the Royals to win.’’

In the first inning of the game, Blanco from the Giants flies out to center field, Panik grounds out, and Posey gets the team’s third out as he grounds out. As for the Royals, Escobar lines out to center field, Aoki walks, Cain grounds into a force out, and Hosmer strikes out.

In the second inning, Sandoval is hit by the ball pitch, so he walks to first base. Pence singles on a sharp ground ball to left fielder Gordon. Then, Belt does another single on a sharp ground ball. Sandoval is at third base and Pence is in second. Morse does a sacrifice fly to right field, getting Sandoval to score the first point. Crawford also does a sacrifice fly ball, getting Pence to score. Next, as Perez strikes out, the Royals begin to bat. Butler singles a ground ball and Gordon doubles three bases on a line drive to right field, getting Butler to score. There is an on-field delay because Perez gets hit by a bad pitch and goes down. As the game continues, Moustakas flies out to left field and Infante does a sacrifice ball fly to center field, tying the score. After Escobar singles a sharp ground ball, the Giants switch their pitcher from Hudson to Affeldt. He makes Aoki ground into a force out, preventing Escobar from scoring. This ends the inning with a tie of 2-2.

In the third inning, Blanco grounds out and Panik and Posey strike out. In the bottom half, Cain singles on a line drive. Then the Giants challenge the play at 1st base. The call on the field is overturned as Hosmer grounds into a double play, causing two outs. Butler then grounds out, getting the third out.

In the fourth inning, both Sandoval and Pence hit singles, one line, and one drive. Belt flies out to center field and the Royals change their pitcher from Guthrie to Herrera. As Morse singles, Sandoval scores. Gordon of the Royals is hit by a pitch and Perez grounds out into a double play, getting Gordon out at second base. Then, the third out is called when Moustakas grounds out.

In the fifth inning, Blanco gets a lineout while Panik and Pence get strikeouts. Before the Royals bat, the Giants change their pitcher from Affeldt to Bumgarner who took the Giants to victory in Game 5. Infante singles and Escobar does a sacrifice bunt, but gets an out. Aoki gets a lineout and Cain strikes out, leading to the end of the inning.

In the sixth inning, Sandoval singles a sharp ground ball, Pence grounds into a double play, Belt singles a line drive, and Morse is called out on strikes, getting the third out. The Royals end the inning quickly as Hosmer pops out, Butler flies out, and Gordon lines out.

In the seventh inning, the Royals change their pitcher from Herrera to Davis. As the Giants bat, Crawford and Perez strikeout swinging, and Blanco grounds out. Giants pitcher Bumgarner flies out Perez, grounds out Moustakas, and strikes out Infante.

The game gets more intense as the eighth inning comes around. Panik is called out on strikes, Posey grounds out, and Sandoval doubles three bases on a sharp ground ball. Pence grounds out, preventing Sandoval from scoring. Bumgarner ends the inning quickly with a strikeout from Escobar. Aoki grounds out and Cain pops out to second base.

Since the two teams were playing in Kansas territory, the Royals fans in the stadium were getting tense while San Francisco fans were getting excited. The Royals change their pitcher from Davis to Holland. Holland grounds out Belt and strikes out both Morse and Crawford. Hosmer strikes out swinging and Butler pops out to first base. At this point, it looked like the Royals were going to catch up when Gordon singled a line drive to left field and kept advancing. Blanco misses the ball and ends up on third base. Perez is up next to bat, but even though he is determined, Bumgarner is not having it. Perez pops out to third baseman Sandoval who carefully catches the ball. The San Francisco Giants win once more with a score of 3-2 and 4 games won out of 7!

• World Series 2014: Game 7

Opinions

Will Disney Finally Include Gay Characters In Their Children’s Movies?

• World Series 2014: Game 7

News

George Zimmerman Auctioning Off Gun Used to Kill Trayvon Martin

• World Series 2014: Game 7

News

#FreeKesha

• World Series 2014: Game 7

News

Prison break in Orange County

• World Series 2014: Game 7

Entertainment

“Blackout” at the Oscars #oscarssowhite

• World Series 2014: Game 7

News

Water Contamination in Flint Michigan

• World Series 2014: Game 7

Entertainment

The Co-founder of Facebook Gives to the World

• World Series 2014: Game 7

News

LAUSD Schools Close Down

• World Series 2014: Game 7

News

Farewell to The Mamba

• World Series 2014: Game 7

Opinions

#LoseTheLabel

World Series 2014: Game 7