The student news site of King/Drew Magnet High School

The Golden Gazette

The Truth Behind Planned Parenthood

plan parenthood

planned parenthood sign

planned parenthood sign

planned parenthood sign

rachael ukpe, staff writer

Planned Parenthood is a non-profit organization that provides reproductive, child, and maternal health care services. The organization started off as a small birth control clinic in Brooklyn, New York in 1933 with founders Margaret Sanger and Ethel Barnes. Today, Planned Parenthood has grown to be one of the largest health care organizations receiving about a third of its money through government grants. Planned parenthood has been caught in the scandal of selling illegal baby fetus tissue and responsible for the deaths of thousands of unborn children.

Although Planned Parenthood succeeds in providing proper health care services, this organization has participated in the wiping out of many unborn children. Being that 80% of Planned Parenthood chains are located in minority neighborhoods, more African Americans have died from abortions than from AIDS, accidents, cancer, and heart problems. An African American child is three times more likely to be killed in the womb than a white child, causing it to reduce the black population by about 25%.

When Planned Parenthood was first created the founders were arrested and jailed for violating provision of the Comstock Act and the distribution of obscene material. What exactly was this obscene material? There was never any hard hitting expose on the truth, but in Today’s News Planned Parenthood is being targeted for even more outrageous stunts. According to Life News, there has been video evidence from the center of medical progress of Planned Parenthood selling aborted fetus tissue, or in other words baby parts.

A journalist, Kevin Kukla, made an article on twelve disturbing quotes said by Margaret Sanger. Margaret Sanger speaks on her plan to get rid of the “unfit” which to her are “human weeds, reckless breeders, spawning… Human beings who never should have been born.” Sanger even goes on to say “our failure to segregate morons who are increasing and multiplying demonstrates our foolhardy and extravagant sentimentalism.” Sanger obviously shows her desperateness for getting rid of unwanted children, so why not sell body parts and make more money?

After several interviews with students about the unseen behavior of plan parenthood, almost everyone changed their mind upon Planned Parenthood. Christiana Watkins, a King/ Drew senior, who formally supported the organization said,”I no longer support Planned Parenthood and I feel like that is wrong.” Megan Sinclair another senior went on to say,”I feel like the government needs to learn where they are putting their money” referring to government funding Planned Parenthood with grants. Most agree with these students and say that Planned Parenthood should be defunded immediately. Planned Parenthood is a good organization, but they should be looked into more carefully before the government gives money to the organization.

• The Truth Behind Planned Parenthood

Opinions

Will Disney Finally Include Gay Characters In Their Children’s Movies?

• The Truth Behind Planned Parenthood

News

George Zimmerman Auctioning Off Gun Used to Kill Trayvon Martin

• The Truth Behind Planned Parenthood

News

#FreeKesha

• The Truth Behind Planned Parenthood

News

Prison break in Orange County

• The Truth Behind Planned Parenthood

Entertainment

“Blackout” at the Oscars #oscarssowhite

• The Truth Behind Planned Parenthood

News

Water Contamination in Flint Michigan

• The Truth Behind Planned Parenthood

Entertainment

The Co-founder of Facebook Gives to the World

• The Truth Behind Planned Parenthood

News

LAUSD Schools Close Down

• The Truth Behind Planned Parenthood

News

Farewell to The Mamba

• The Truth Behind Planned Parenthood

Opinions

#LoseTheLabel

The Truth Behind Planned Parenthood